Do contact us with your suggestions for new articles - and we really appreciate comments and other feedback.
One of our network member settings is seeking staff: could this be for you?
Little Jungle nursery is Reggio inspired OUTSTANDING nursery, based in East Dulwich, South London.
We are looking for experienced passionate and dedicated early years educators to join our team, to work across all ages, from 10 months to 5 years.
We follow an enquiry-based approach, listening to and encouraging children to explore the world and test out their own theories through play and artistic media. We use the children's research as a basis for projects to help them develop skills and knowledge across all areas of learning to enable them to become the strong, confident and free-thinking adults of the future.
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to grow their knowledge and experience within early years education, as we provide ongoing training, as well as a supportive, fun and friendly environment.
"We are looking for a passionate, dedicated individual to take the deputy manager/lead educator role in this new, 20 place, Reggio inspired nursery based in Chiswick, London. Our aim is to provide a space for children, educators and families working together in a stimulating environment through multidisciplinary enquiry projects. We are dedicated to the ongoing development of all staff, and the person we are looking for will be a reflective, responsive individual who constantly seeks challenge and innovation.
- To be responsible with the owner/manager for the day-to-day running of the nursery, ensuring compliance with registration and legislative requirements at all times.
- To prepare the nursery for Ofsted, ensuring that the nursery meets and exceeds the OFSTED requirements, those set out in the EYFS, and remains up to date with all childcare requirements.
- To take responsibility as SENCO and deputy designated lead for child protection.
- Take part in regular meetings with owner/manager to ensure the smooth running of the nursery.
- To contribute and participate in the development of new ideas, supporting the staff team in the implementation of our approach and taking a lead in documenting learning.
- To lead assessment, recording, reporting responsibilities consistent with the nurseries approach.
- To be a key holder for the nursery.
- Understand the principles of the Reggio Emilia Approach
- Management/ leadership qualification such as Foundation Degree / EYP status
- NNEB, NVQ3 or Equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of The Early Years Foundation Stage
- Knowledge of Ofsted National Standards and Outcomes
- DBS / Clean criminal record
- Minimum 2 years managerial experience
- SENCO training
- Paediatric first aid training
- Work experience in a Reggio inspired school
- Participation in Reggio Study Week
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
Full time, salary £25K, 20 days holiday plus bank holidays. The nursery will be closed for one week over Christmas.
Applicants will also need to provide the names of two referees. Closing date Friday March 16th."
One of the International Schools of our network is looking for an educator:
"We are looking for an assistant teacher who is excited to learn more about the Reggio philosophy and who wants to work with 4 and 5 year olds in a joyful, play based environment.
We are an American International School with students from 4 to 18 years of age.In Kindergarten (Reception and Year 1) we believe learning through playful inquiry is the foundation for intellectual, physical, and social and emotional growth. Inspired by Reggio Emilia and The Project Approach, we value children's natural curiosity and inclination to explore the world around them. The picture shows some work the children did on a project about Sound...they were making up ways to represent a composition using various percussion instruments and with a picture as a provocation."
ASL are making a real focus on their professional development at the moment, with all of the team having been to Reggio (or coming this April) and the core early years team are participating in our Skylight programme this year. It could be a very exciting school to join, at this point!
You will find their application form here (Lower School Assistant Teacher), and you'll also be able to read more about the school on their site, through the link.